Beer line cleaner is a type of cleaning product used to remove yeast build up in cellar pipelines in order to maintain the quality of the product received by the customer.
What is beer line cleaner?
• Beer line cleaner is a type of cleaning product used to remove yeast build up in cellar pipelines in order to maintain the quality of the product received by the customer.
• Beer line cleaner is used throughout the licensing and hospitality trade.
• Whilst beer line cleaner is manufactured by numerous companies, the active ingredients in the different products were very similar until now. The neat products are usually categorised as corrosive substances, however BIOBASED EUROPE can now offer you the Worlds first 100% plant based Beer Line Cleaner.
What is a corrosive substance?
• A corrosive substance is capable of causing very serious burn injuries to the skin and eyes, as well as damaging the internal parts of beer lines, pumps and seals.
• A chemical burn is an acute severe irritant reaction, which causes irreparable damage to cells.
Why is caustic beer line cleaner a problem?
Used correctly, caustic beer line cleaner will maintain hygienic pipes, however problems will occur if people conducting the beer line cleaning are not trained in the correct procedures &/or do not wear suitable and sufficient personal protective equipment.
The handling of this dangerous caustic substance requires considerable care and the wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment to prevent chemical contact with the skin.
To use in beer lines:
Pour 500ml into 11 gallon cleaning barrel, fill cleaning barrel with hot water, pull through pipes and leave to soak for 30 minutes. Pull Beer Line Cleaner through until cleaning barrel is empty, fill cleaning barrel with clean water and pull through to rinse.
Brewing and Distilling:
This specialty product is also excellent for use in all CIP system and line cleaning applications. We serve many larger industries including brewing, distilling and dairy. Please contact us directly to discuss replacing caustic detergent and acid rinse products with one safe line cleaner.
Our SAFE CARE® Beer Line Cleaner is available in:
Contents include: non-ionic surfactant, tall-oil fatty acid, organic buffer, deionised water.